Just a quick couple of items for the next few weeks!!
- Promotion of the Club:
- Membership is stagnant and as soon as we get new Members, we get a drop off from existing Members (for all sorts of reasons).
- Just the way it is but I reckon we need to keep at the promotion of this Club to try and attract more players.
- I reckon we need to keep at this so…….
- It seems most Supermarkets which have a noticeboard remove all flyers each month:
- Each month we need to re-populate Supermarkets around the District.
Can I ask please, when you’re playing next to grab a couple of flyers from the cupboard and put them up where you shop / eat / drink / frequent
- The printed flyers in the tall cupboard.
- Or print out the attached (those who can please)
- In this Vein we are trying to organize a Friday night for Business:
From the meeting Minuets:
7.1 Promote Squash and Encourage New Members
- Following discussion, it was decided that the Club run a local Business versus Business round robin.
- To be held on Friday nights. Club provide pizza. Use two courts.
- Utilise Kyneton business Facebook. Could include schools (teachers), service clubs, emergency services (police, ambulance, CFA), etc.
- Each committee member to try to provide 5 email addresses of local business or facilities at next meeting for Club to invite to participate.
- We already have interest from two businesses (not connected to the Club) which is good.
- Again if I could ask if you think of a local business who may be interested, sus them out please.
- It would be a Friday night from around 7pm – finished by approx. 10pm.
- At least 2 people from each business (3 would be better)
- Of any standard
- If there are odd numbers the Club will add people to even out the teams
- Take down contact details, form them and pass them onto the committee please.
- We are also looking for a person to take this on and organize ……. Any takers??
- Fill-ins / People Away:
- Over the next 3 weeks there will be a lot of people away
- If, you’re on a bye / feel like another hit / want another run …………
- Turn up on Monday / Thursday night and numbers will be sorted for each night.
- You will get a hit and it will keep the interest going.
– And a bit of a radical idea from the Committee:
6.5 Competitions – Monday and Thursday
Discussion about improved scheduling of competitions.
It was decided to have a shorter break over Christmas with summer competition resuming mid-January.
Winter competition – add two weeks additional break on to end of break for June school holidays.
Club calendar to be updated accordingly.
Do any members have an opinion on the above??
- AND – it was very good to see Alex E back at the Courts on Thursday evening!!
- To aid her rehab from Knee surgeries (yes … more than one) Alex will be at the courts for the next few weeks for Members who want some Squash coaching.
- Kyneton Courts: Mondays and Thursdays 6pm – 7pm
- If you have any further queries, please SMS Alex on: 0438 663 466
I’m away for the best part of the month and I shall see you on the courts when I’m back!!
(For those at Romsey Gavin has my keys)
Thanks in advance, George Hennessy President
Leave a Reply