Macedon Ranges Squash Club
A short update on the next few weeks for you all.
Presentation Night & Dinner
Friday 7th December – Presentation Night & Dinner
Venue: Pig and Whistle Hotel – 705 James Ln, Trentham East (03) 5424 1213
There is a list in the Club Rooms, please add your name for numbers on Monday or Thursday night!
Please see any Committee Member for any further details
Fee for Upstairs Area & Repairs and remedial works to Courts
There was a meeting between the Club and Council at the Centre on Friday. Overall this was fruitful and productive.
Discussed were, the proposed fee for upstairs area, repairs to all Courts, remedial works to all Courts.
The fee …….. there now seems to be some room for negotiation on this fee and we have been asked re-state our case to the Council in a specific way, which the Committee are doing now. If this particular avenue doesn’t succeed in have the fee removed or greatly reduced there are another couple of options open to the Club. This does feel like its dragging on, but it has been for a purpose and I think we have got our point across how poorly this fee was presented to our Club and now its about trying to either have this fee canceled or reduced.
The Court repairs and remedial works ……….. In short, what they are going to do for repairs / moisture intrusion / humidity and even some works to the outside walls to help fix this problem are just about everything which has been on our lists for the last 6 months and going back further with the moisture problems into the Courts. With some additional works to the Kiosk windows and area to help with re-directing airflow. If, all of what is now scheduled to be done is completed in good time we should have 3 x shinny courts in very good condition by early in 2019. The only variable which the Committee has no problems with is …… depending on the final dates from the Council and the Contractor (Supply of goods, Contractors availability, Etc, etc…) if required too, we have agreed to Either: move the re-start of our Summer Season, pause again for the works to happen, continue as normal but move to Romsey for the duration of the works.
NO decision has been made as yet ….. and we are awaiting the Council to appoint a Contractor and then final date will come after that.
We shall update as we have more information from the Council.
Hopefully I will see you all on Friday the 7th at the Pig n Whistle!!!
Regards, George Hennessy